kids cooking | NurtureStore. Great article on how to use cooking with your kids to teach a variety of topics (and have fun). Henry and I do this every Saturday when we make his weekly waffle stash (a huge batch of nutrition packed super waffles).
60+ educational resources for teaching yourself anything.. Great resources. If you are a home schooler –a must read… Frankly if you are student or teacher a must read as well.
We all make mistakes in life. That’s where the real learning is. When we have a “safe place” to fail and learn from our failures, we not only learn better, we develop resiliency that takes us through the difficult times in life. Marilyn Price-Mitchell, Ph.D., penned an blog post for Psychology Today where she give great advice on helping foster this kind of learning.
Ten Parenting Guidelines that Help Kids Learn from Mistakes
- Acknowledge that you don’t expect your children to be perfect.
- Let them know your love is unconditional, regardless of their mistakes or lapses in judgment.
- Don’t rescue children from their mistakes. Instead, help them focus on the solution.
- Provide examples of your own mistakes, the consequences, and how you learned from them.
- Encourage them to take responsibility for their mistakes and not blame others.
- Avoid pointing out their past mistakes. Instead, focus on the one at hand.
- Praise them for their ability to admit their mistakes.
- Praise them for their efforts and courage to overcome setbacks.
- Mentor them on how to apologize when their mistakes have hurt others.
- Help them look at the good side of getting things wrong!