Five Ways To Parent A Perfectionist —
Signe Whitson, LSW Has a great article up on ways to prevent perfectionism from parlaying your child. I see this too often with kids who are bright but severely underachieving . Here are the main points, but I encourage you to read the whole article.
1. Play up personal strengths and play down competitions
2. Encourage practice of new skills
3. Provide opportunities to try out new things
4. Highlight mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow
5. Praise effort and hard work